0075678278723. Stock Quantity
1. She Caught The Katy
2. Peter Gunn Theme
3. Gimme Some Lovin'
4. Shake A Tail Feather
5. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love
6. The Old Landmark
8. Theme From Rawhide
9. Minnie The Moocher
10. Sweet Home Chicago
11. Jailhouse Rock
- The Blues Brothers: John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd (vocals); Matt Murphy, Steve Cropper (guitar); Alan Rubin (trumpet); Tom Malone, Lou Marini (saxophone); Murphy Dunne (keyboards); Duck Dunn (bass); Willie Hall (drums).
- Additional personnel: Elliot Randall, Keiv Ginsberg (guitar); Lewis Del Gatto (horns); Larry Willis, Terry Fryer, Bill Payne, John Springer, Richard T. Bear, John Hason (keyboards); David Weston (bass); Steve Jordan, Arthur Dickson (drums); Vivian Cherry, Ullanda McCullough, Brenda Corbett, Margaret Branch, Caroline Franklin (background vocals); Ray Charles, James Brown, Patti Austin, Hiram Bullock, Aretha Franklin, Cab Calloway, Rev. James Cleveland Choir.
- Recorded at Universal Recording, Chicago, Illinois; The Record Plant, Los Angeles, California; Record Plant and Soundmixers, New York, New York.
- All tracks have been digitally remastered.
- Personnel: Elwood Blues (vocals, harmonica); Lou Marini (vocals, saxophone, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone); Alan Rubin (vocals, trumpet); Steve Jordan (vocals, drums); Ullanda McCullough, Brenda Corbett, Patti Austin, Margaret Branch, Vivian Cherry, Carolyn Franklin (vocals, background vocals); Dan Aykroyd, James Brown , John Belushi, Aretha Franklin, Ray Charles, Cab Calloway (vocals); Elliott Randall, Keith Ginsberg, Hiram Bullock, Keiv Ginsberg, Matt "Guitar" Murphy, Steve Cropper (guitar); Tom "Bones" Malone (saxophone, trombone, horns); Lew Del Gatto (horns); Murphy Dunne (electric piano, keyboards); Terry Fryer, John Springer, John Hason, Larry Willis, Richard T. Bear, Bill Payne (keyboards); Donald "Duck" Dunn (bass guitar); Arthur Dickson, Willie Hall (drums); James Cleveland (background vocals).
- Audio Remasterer: Joe Gastwirt.
- Recording information: Record Plant, Los Angeles, CA; Record Plant, New York, NY; Soundmixers, New Yo; Universal Recording, Chicago, IL.
- Photographers: David Alexander ; Peter Sorel.
- Arrangers: Paul Shaffer; Tom "Bones" Malone.
- A film that stands up to repeated viewing is complemented by an album that has the same effect. The musical stars make cameos to perform one track each, Aretha as the waitress in a diner tears into 'Think' while Cab Calloway dons his best white suit for a spectacular 'Minnie The Moocher'. The 'brothers' are supported by most of Booker T. And The MGs and they deliver some rousing numbers including a bottle-throwing 'Rawhide' and a loose 'Gimme Some Lovin''. Aykroyd and Belushi could have become the Sam And Dave of the 80s. Aykroyd tried it again in 1998 with reasonable success.
Q (2/96, p.104) - 3 Stars - Good - "...history should probably thank them for sending succesive generations of student rock-heads hurtling towards the Soul Compilations sections of campus record shops..."